The Kids Fun With Food team runs cooking classes for kids aged 5 and up. The classes are practical hands-on cooking with menus that use fresh produce and recipes that are interesting, easy to make and delicious. We supply all equipment, aprons (kids get at registration) and food; participants need only a sense of fun and eagerness to learn.
Classes vary monthly
to be announced soon :)
Parent Support Group also available.
Standard Small Class Fees:
- $10 one time Registrations fee (your child will receive a personalized apron)
- $40 per Class (3 hour class) paid prior to beginning of class (multi class and multi kid discounts available)
Terms & Conditions:
1. Kids Fun With Food must be notified about any cancellations at least 48 hours before the class or the balance of the class will be forfeited, as well as No Shows.
2. Kids Fun With Food will not refund. You may attend a make up class(es) within the same booking term to the same value, if the cancellation is made 48 hours prior to the class beginning.
3. Kids Fun With Food must be notified of any allergies or dietary requirements at least 4 days prior to the class.
4. Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis.
We are dedicated to improving the lifelong eating habits of children and teenagers. We believe that children learn by doing the things they enjoy. The Kids Fun With Food team have developed programs the provide opportunities for young people to develop new skills in the planning and preparation of fresh, tasty recipes. Our diverse range of food related activities focus on the importance of fresh food in the diet. We believe that it is important for young people to learn early on how to look after themselves. For this reason we have made health and safety an integral part of each program.
In class your child will ...
- Observe and participate in food activities that are age appropriate.
- Be involved in the evenings meal planning.
- Learn different methods of preparing & cooking fresh food.
- Learn how to follow recipe instructions.
- Learn kitchen safety and hygiene.
- Gain confidence and new skills.
- Discover a wonderful outlet for his or her creativity.
Additional benefits of your child participating in the cooking class include: Mathematical concepts: Counting, measuring & following directions.
Social skills: Working with others, sharing & learning to cooperate.
Language skills: Lots of new word and communication experiences.
Time management skills and a better understanding of nutrition.
Cooking Class Information:
- Children need to wear close toed shoes.
- We supply all equipment, aprons and fresh food.
- Children's special dietary requirements can be catered for (within reason).
FED = eating food that nourishes your body, not just fills your stomach